How to Configure Password Reset
- Must have purchased the Password Reset module
- A service account capable of resetting user passwords
- Access to the server the BOSSDesk SiteAgent is running on
How to Configure
- Navigate to Settings>Authentication Management>Active Directory within the BOSSDesk Admin Portal
- Check the box for "Password Reset via AD enabled"
- Navigate to Settings>Authentication Management>Password reset Security Questions
- Create at least 5 security questions to be used by your organization
- Log on to the Server running the SiteAgent
- Double click the desktop icon to start the BOSSDesk GUI, if not already started. it will automatically be minimized to the taskbar.
- right click on the icon in the taskbar, and click "Settings".
- Enable the switch for "AD Password Reset"
- Enter the service account credentials and click the checkmark to save your settings
- At this point Password reset is enabled for the system. the next steps detail how an individual user can set up their security questions.
Configuring individual Security Questions
- in the Top-Righ Corner of BOSSDesk, click "Profile"
- click "My Profile"
- You should have a second tab labeled "Security Questions"
- once on that tab, add at minimum 5 security question answers
- You should now be able to use BOSSDesk AD Password Reset